Day 3 Recap: Awesome! Why? Because I got a lot done and for the first time in a long while, I had enough time to eat dinner and watch a movie with Drew. (We watched Brooklyn, it was good!)
6:15am at work – successfully had 2 hours of quiet time to knock work out. I’m starting to get used to waking up early! I wrote down my goals, drank a chocolate protein shake and worked through a lot of stuff. We had environmental testing all day at a building I have under contract to purchase so sticking with discipline and schedule wasn’t an option but I kept to my values / goals as much as I could. I left the office around 6pm.
Over the last week, I’ve found that the following routine keeps my energy steady all day. The ups and downs are nearly zero!
- Water and a protein shake in the AM only.
- A whole grain bagel with peanut butter for lunch.
- Small snacks throughout the afternoon include yogurt, string cheese, a banana and a cliff bar.
- Limiting caffeine to the afternoons, too (for the most part!).
- Of course I had ETS for dinner …😳
Regardless, eating less seems to keep me at a steady, high energy all day. I don’t feel weighted down!
My Ideal schedule: I’ve read a lot about what business owners / entrepreneurs do to maximize time. This seems to be the ideal schedule based on what I’ve read… obviously this week has been me trying to see if it works for me and my body. So far I have no complaints!
- 6am – 10am: Focused work. No meetings. No distractions. High priority stuff. No email. Limited social media. Remember: output not input.
- 10am – 11am : work out of some sort (tbd) to refresh the mind after intense focus.
- 11am – 1pm: Office stuff (meetings, lunch, social media, email, discussing projects, etc..)
- 1pm – ? : meetings, emails, errands, etc. Moving ideas forward, emails back and forth, calls, etc. Get home or still have time to make up hours on some projects!
Important to mention: I have to start eating better dinners. Suggestions on protein shake making and / or exercises are welcome! And, I can’t forget to squeeze time in there for daily podcasts – I’ve really been into finding entrepreneur type podcasts…. It keeps me going!
That’s it for now. Xo!